Brain Explorer 2 is a desktop software application for viewing the human brain anatomy and gene expression data in 3D. Using Brain Explorer 2, you can:
- View a fully interactive version of the Allen Human Brain Atlas in 3D for two donors.
- View gene expression data in 3D: partially-inflated white matter surfaces are colored by gene expression values of nearby samples.
- View expression data from different donors side-by-side
- Explore anatomically-labeled MRI images and cortical surfaces for both donors.
- Investigate probes or samples of interest in more detail with direct links back to the Allen Human Brain Atlas web page.
Brain Explorer 2 is tightly integrated with the Allen Human Brain Atlas web page. To open Brain Explorer 2: perform a gene search to view a gene expression heat map for genes of interest, select a sample, then click on the Brain Explorer link to see that sample highlighted on an expression-colored white matter surface in 3D. Brain Explorer 2 links directly back to a web page offering a detailed description of the selected gene and sample.